Welcome

This is one of my venues for therapy. I live too much in my head so I have strong feelings about everything and nothing. So this is my venting place.

Hope you find it entertaining.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

143

Greetings,

I had recently begun a mini-quest to become certified in CompTIA's A+ Essential's Exam.

This test is, basically, the GED of Information Systems Certifications and states that you have a general knowledge of computer concepts.

Back in September I had arranged to take the test and did.

I did not prepare for the exam and took it in only 33 minutes (you are given 90 minutes to answer the 100 questions).

I failed that first attempt.

No surprise.

Yet when you finish the exam, you are give a print out with the areas you need to study.

It was this piece of paper that I was going to use to study for the second attempt.

But I lost it and didn't get a new copy till about three weeks ago.

It was at that time that I started to study the sections that I got the most questions wrong.

I read six of the eight chapters that I needed to read.

On average, each chapter covered at least two sections that I needed to study so it was beneficial to read the whole chapters like I did.

Unfortunately, I failed the exam by 45 points!!!

45 Points!!!

WTF!!??!!

Anyway, I am really pissed off but extremely determined to pass this exam.

I have begun studying for the second part of the two part A+ Certification exam.

I plan to be certified in something by the new year.

Wish me luck ;)

No comments: